Sunday, August 19, 2007

I see Great, PEOPLE!

It’s absolutely phenomenal that I can now see with out the aid of any man made ‘sight aid’ device, whether glasses or contacts; from the moment I got off of the operating table, I had near perfect vision.

With my sight restored to near perfect, I should be experiencing sights I haven’t seen for the most of twenty one years, but, the fact of the matter is that ever since I was told that I needed the aid of vision enhancement aids, back when I was only twelve years old, I had been able to use them to temporarily restore my sight to near perfect, be it only until I removed them by sun down.

So the fact is, after I got off of the operating table, I should have felt something different, a life changing experience, or something; a feeling of great joy and gratitude, of completion and satisfaction. Yet, I was baffled that I did not feel such an emotion but rather one of utter confusion.

The fact of the matter is that, yes I was short sighted for 21 years, but, with the use of man made aids, I was whole again even before I was truly whole AGAIN.

I still feel weird at nights, just before going to bed; I’m reminded that I need to remove my contacts, only immediately realizing that I no longer wear them.

It’s going to take some time to get used to my restored sight, but I’m happy, I really am; I don’t have to wear them early every day in the morning when I wake up, I no longer need to squint or put on my glasses when I wake up in the middle of the night, playing sports has now become much more simpler.

These are things that others have been taking for granted, not me for I have been in the thick of things and have finally come out of the darkness, into the light, from which I do not want to go back….

So I am jumping up with joy, with my fist punching through thin air, and my heels clicking against one another, I’m happy, no ecstatic,

So YIPPIE,


Now ……A twilight zone moment

Low and behold, my son was watching DEXTER’S Laboratory on Cartoon Network today; the episode was about what else? ‘Lazic Eye Operation’s and the after effects or side effects on patients.

hummmm,

I wonder if I can further improve my vision with the aim of seeing objects thousands of miles away, or the very smallest of microscopic organisms existing around us, or what’s been every school boy’s dream, to see through things.