Friday, July 06, 2007

Advise Please!In 2 weeks time while on Holiday, I'll be getting 'Lazic' eye surgery.

I'll be flying out on leave in two weeks time; while on leave, I’ll also be getting a Lazic eye surgery/operation (corrective eye surgery) performed.

My eye sight is -4.0, in each eye.
I would like anyone who knows anything on this matter or has performed the operation to post a small description of what I should expect and any precautionary measures to take, or anything else that comes to mind.

A little Background;
I have been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old, 22 years back. Soon after i started working in December 1993, I was able to afford a pair of contact lenses and have been wearing contacts ever since.

I've grown tired of not being able to see clearly without the aid of glasses or contacts, getting up in the middle of the night is a pain, so is long distance flights, going to the pool with family and friends, playing sports, showering, and anything else that comes to mind.

It's become very bothersome getting up every day, washing my face and then putting the freaking things on, even after thoroughly rinsing them, a small particle of dust or a hair line somehow gets in underneath them, and rubs into my cornea, and it burns like crazy.

The simplest things that others take for granted I have a difficult time with.

At nights without the aid on contacts or glasses, my vision is completely blurred, and squinting does no good.

Just think about it, you wake up morning and the first thing you do is feel for the glasses using your hands.

I decided on Lazic surgery a couple of years back, but i was always reluctant because of the stories I’d heard of botched up procedures and failed operations not having a fruitful result.

But it's high time now, I'm praying for a favourable result.

I'll post the results and my experience as it occurs.