Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Would you make a fool of yourself on American Idol?

What was that?

Hollow words echoed out by Simon Cowell, time and time again after the awful performance of the many hopeful participants in the American Idol auditions; but no one takes his advise to heart, they still come and audition thinking they are better than the rest, maybe good enough to become the next American Idol.


I’m amazed! No, astounded by how people are so full of them selves and believe they are better than they actually are.

American Idol is a very popular program in the US, and it’s cool to be participating in one of the auditions; to perform in front of Randy, Paula and Simon and then come out with a golden ticket in hand, then get interviewed by Ryan.

But that’s not the case for the hundreds of thousands of misguided souls who believe they are the next best thing to hit the American music industry, but turning out to just make fools of them selves, willingly.

ME, I know my limitations, my singing sucks, I’ve got no rhythm in me and my voice is rough and bumpy. When I was younger, I tried to learn a couple of songs to test my self, you know, sing along with popular songs to evaluate yourself, I bet you’ve done it a million times, thank god no one was there to witness the fiasco.

I gave up that attempt at stardom the same day, a very, very long time ago.

So, here’s what I think:

Just What the F$%k are those people thinking when they stand before the American public and make @$$e$ of themselves.

WOW!

They are either the bravest people in the world, or the dumbest, I suspect it’s the latter.