Friday, May 25, 2007

The Clock within me was right all along!

Every day, very early in the morning, my alarm clock goes off, with its ringing bellowing in the back ground, my clock is trying to communicate to me that it’s now time to get up and get into the ritual of the three Ss’ and then get ready and go to work.

For those who are unfamiliar with the Three Ss’, it’s ‘S#!t’, ‘Shower’ & ‘Shave’.

I always disagree with the alarm clock and put it back on to snooze mode, which indicated to the alarm clock that it must ring at another time; this is just to get that extra couple of minutes of deserved rest, or transitional sleep.

I believe all this happens because of the natural inner clock within me which is telling me that it’s just too early to get up, I know that it is right and ever one and every thing around me are wrong. This has been the case for all of the three decades or so that I have been on this planet.

I still remember in my hay days when my mum tried desperately to get me to wake up early and go to school; even then It took me a long time, I would some times get up and go to the wash room, turn on the tap and place one my hand under it so as to make the splashing sound, then I would close my eyes and try and squeeze a couple of minutes of sleep, before my mum would come and bang on the toilet door waking me up again and forcing me to finish up and get out.

Anyways, I bring this subject up because of the article that I read in the GDN on xxx, displayed below where an MP suggests that we should turn forward our clocks back to the original time that we were on in the 80s (or what ever time back ???) which was GMT+4.


For the full article go to
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/1yr_arc_Articles.asp?Article=182961&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=30064&date=5-23-2007

On a serious note, will this suggested change in time be an added advantage or a disaster.

Will we get more day-light or darkness?

Should 1 hour be added or deducted?

Will I get more sleep or LESS???